Friday 17 August 2012

One Drop

Hi There Freshwater Friends
Again I have a number of things to share with you for this week.


1. I found a great link on Youtube to video about fresh water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if5ww5xgEUQ&feature=player_embedded&noredirect=1

I found OneDrop.org when we went to Circue du Soleil. Circue du Soleil are donating money from every ticket sold to OneDrop.org. I think this is really good of them

2. We are redoing the survey on our water usage at our house. We made a few changes to the way we run taps etc. The biggest changes we made were, reducing shower time, changing the shower head to a more efficient (less water) design and fixing a leaky tap.
I am looking forward to the positive changes that they will bring to our home water usage. I will let you know the results next week.

3. On the National Geographic Web Site there is lots of information about people and communities that lack water and lack clean water. They also have some quizzes to test how much we know about water. My dad and I did one..................

http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/freshwater/freshwater-quizzes/

I got 4/10.
Dad got 5/10.



Slow steady drip = 280 litres per week
Fast Drip = 750 litres per week
Steady Stream = 3800 litres per week.
OneDrop.org

No comments:

Post a Comment