Saturday 8 September 2012

Well it has been pretty dry at my place.
We installed a rain gauge on July 21 2012, but to date we have received no rain.
So I thought I would share some tips on water saving in the garden.

1. Mulch your plants
This stops water evaporating from around the plants and also keeps their roots cool. Here you can see our lemon tree and the mulch That we made at home around its base.



2. Use greywater from your washing machine to water the garden.
We hope to set this up soon.

3. Use water from you tank to water your garden as this is good rain water that does not have to be treated and is free from the sky.

 


4. The other thing I need to mention is that I did a personal water usage survey and I found that I use 131 litres per day. This is less than the Brisbane average.

5. I am also working on my Freshwater project for school. We have a big exhibition on Tuesday 18th September. I am completing my Journal and preparing my Display.
Its going to be great.


Stay cool and don't use too much water.
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment